Friday, May 10, 2013

FRIDAY

...................Chi Chi and I spent four hours at the fishing hole today. No fish were caught but the weather was very nice and we are looking forward to trying again tomorrow. I made the mistake of casting out from the 'bad' spot the first time and immediately decided to reel the line back in and change positions. As I did I got hung up and lost another sinker. The rest of the day was without incident. , ,  ,At one time I walked to the top of the dike and began peeling away the old trim from the top of both the front and rear windows. I sanded the bare aluminum trim and it looks very clean. My plan is to repaint and make the car look a bit better. The car is a very nice looking Model 94 and I really want to keep it looking good for as long as it lasts. It just turned 160,ooo miles. I get comments on the car when I drive into town and park it on a busy street. I think the aluminum trim is now ready to paint and I will attempt that in the morning before returning to the fishing hole. The temperature got to 74 or so today and it was very quiet at the river, just the way I like it! When we arrived home we found that Roy had installed a doggy door for Chi Chi. It has a clear plastic swinging door and he is scared to death of it, of course. We will have to work on that but when I did the same thing at Barb's house we had to end up taking the plastic door out and installing a piece of towel over the opening. It still took him weeks to get used to it. Dumb dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment