Saturday, May 25, 2013

SATURDAY

....................This turned out to be a rain free day but it never looked like it. I decided early to not go fishing but there were enough breaks in the clouds for the occasional sunshine to invite the doggy and I out for a two mile walk. We made the usual journey down to the river and back. I could tell that Chi Chi was really excited about the idea because he pulled me for two hundred yards until we got to the road gong down the hill at which time I released him from the leash. It took a short time for him to realise he was not on the leash. When he did figure that out he became frightened of the big world and fell in line behind my right heel and stayed there for the rest of the walk. Whenever I look around to see where he is I have to look down and behind me because if I look only over my shoulder he is so close I can't see him. The only time he leaves that spot is when another dog is seen up ahead. He then stops and sits in one spot until I assure him all is well. Even then he is shy and walks on the opposite side of the rode from whatever he fears. I have to keep him on a leash while on a busy street because he would run in front of a car just to escape from whatever "gooses' him at the time. Funny doggy, that.

No comments:

Post a Comment