Thursday, May 16, 2013

THURSDAY

.............My schedule was all out of whack today so I wasted a bit of gasoline by having my Pro time Test two hours before the start of bowling. The Protime check was at 10AM so after I left the lab I stopped by Safeway to bring the refrigerator supply up to date then drove the stuff home. The extra time before bowling was spent in the lounge chair relaxing. . . . .  .I arrived at the bowling alley at noon and really did a lousy job with the first line by getting only a 90 score. The next one was more to my liking with a 149 and on the followup third line I walked away with a 153. That gave me a 135 average for the day which is a bunch better than my present league average of 126. The team I am on is in sixth place and we won handily today so perhaps that will make us look even better. My coach, Ernie, is on the team and watching my every move. He told me today that all I have to do is to continue with my present approach and delivery. He feels that with practice I will show improvement on a regular basis. I have found an approach and delivery that I am really comfortable with so we shall see. I am a spot bowler and it is not very easy to hit that same spot with each throw. The ball does go where it is supposed to when the spot is struck though so I guess I best continue and not give up. Practice, practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment