Monday, May 20, 2013

MONDAY

...................This was a great day to drive to Beaverton for my Nuclear Stress Test. I arrived at 11AM and did not leave until 3:00. After the injection of the 'glow' fluid I was put under a machine that took a thousand pictures of my heart while I just laid there. That took 15 minutes then I was released for half hour to get something to eat and drink. A caffeine drink was suggested because it helped to neutralize the 'glow' fluid. I then returned to the lab for more pictures which took another 15 minutes. After that I was put on a walking machine at 1.7 miles per hour for two minutes while hooked up to some other recording device. While that was going on I was injected with more chemicals of some kind. All of this took a lot of time, mostly used up by getting me hooked to the various machines. It was some process, I kid you not. After a great drive home I arrived at 4:30 and fed the doggy. He was happy for that! It was nice to be on the road if only for those two hours. The weather was great and I certainly hope it continues for another 52 weeks at least. The results of the tests will be forwarded to my Cardiologist and she will contact me for further plans for treatment. The drive was very relaxing, I hope I am able to get out on the road for some more long range exploring this summer. Film at 11:00.

2 comments:

  1. What does FILM AT 11 mean????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking heads, when delivering the news at 8PM with breaking news stories usually say that they will have pictures of the carnage at 11PM. Thus: Film at 11:00.

    ReplyDelete