Thursday, October 10, 2013

THURSDAY

. . . . . . My league bowling started out with a bang today. My first line was a 143 and the second line was even better at 155. I was feeling good about my results and felt I would be able to continue into the third game. That is when the computers controlling the two alleys were were bowling on broke down. There was a twenty minute delay while things got repaired and in that time I lost all control of the ball. I was very unhappy with the 113 I turned in. Had I bowled my average in the third line we would have won the series. I felt a little better when I got home and discovered that my average for the day was 137. That is two pins better than my league average.. . .  .After bowling I stopped by to say hello to Billy; he was busy meeting with his caregiver who had pen in hand and was recording things on a note pad. I did not stay long because it was apparent they were discussing stuff that was none of my business. . . .  .I then stopped by the recovery facility that my buddy Bob is in. His hip is not causing him any pain and he is staying with the therapy program. He looks good and has a great attitude about his predicament. One of the guys from the '52' class was visiting him at the time so we had a nice three way conversation.. .  .This evening the plan is to watch Football and try not to eat too many chocolate chip cookies. Off and on rain today, normal for this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment