Tuesday, October 15, 2013

TUESDAY

. . . .  .ChiChi and I drove to the fishing hole this afternoon. The weather was beautiful if cool but the water is showing a great improvement. I put a plug in the water and started a new book. About five minutes later I had a fish on. I was sitting about 50 feet away from the pole and by the time I got there the fish was already played out. I reeled in a two pound Coho and removed the hook before tossing him back in the water. He did not swim away so I figured perhaps I would take him home and put him in the frying pan. I placed the landing net over him so he could not float away and twenty minutes later I noticed that he had regained enough sense to swim through the netting and escape. Good for him. So far this year I have caught and released three small fish. One hundred years from now there will no longer be any fish in the Cowlitz River. Too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment