Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WEDNESDAY

. . . . .I left the house at 11:30 this morning in able to keep my appointment in Portland for my Pacemaker check. I have joined a control group of 1500 patients across the country who have the same device implanted in their chests. The plan is for the hospitals to pay special attention to us for the next three years to determine if the device truly is faulty [some claim so] or not. The main problem is the insulation around the wires being absorbed by the body and the wire coming in contact with bare muscle. I guess some folks have had the device shock them unnecessarily at various times. There was no sign of that problem with me. I will return every six months for the next three years. I will not have to go during the winter time though, that is a good thing. . . . .It was relaxing to be on the road for a couple of hours today, the weather was great for driving and the hours were such that there was no heavy traffic either direction. The care is running like a top. I even was lucky enough to get the cruise control to work for me during the trip. It has not been working at all for the past couple of weeks. I guess something is jamming it up. At least I know that the fuse is not blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment