Tuesday, November 12, 2013

TUESDAY

. . . . .I arrived at the bowling alley at 10:45 to begin my practice for the day. After thirty minutes or so I had a 122 average after three lines and remembered that I was supposed to be at the watering hole to meet the '52' Gang for lunch. I quickly changed shoes and stuffed my bowling bag with the necessaries before dropping it on the counter in the lobby. I told the girl to hang on to the the bag and I would be back in an hour. The lunch was fun but we  did miss Bob, as could be expected. There were about ten of us there today. I stayed for a while after eating but I was the third one to wave good by and leave. Upon arriving back at the bowling alley she told me that she had rented my lane to others but I could have lane eleven and not be charged for the three lines I had already bowled. Sounded like a winner to me. My results for the day after a total of 15 lines turned out to be pretty good. In multiples of three lines each my averages were 120-128-157-151-154. That was good, the final twelve lines produced an average of 148. My final nine  was a phenomenal [for me] 154 average. It will be a very happy day if I can do as well on Thursday; when it really counts. Film at eleven. . . . .I stopped in to see Bob again, he was being visited by a pretty lady we had gone to school with and I did not stay too long after bragging about my bowling results.. .  . . On the way home I went by Teigens place to take a look at the five stitches Ron had in his right hand. He was swinging a long pipe at a cow to get its attention and in the process ruined his hand. The hand looks awful but I am sure it will heal with only slight scarring. Before my leaving Caren filled a large container with enough food for three meals and sent me home with it. Her home cooking sure beats my home cooking. By many miles! Love it!. . .The river looks good, if the weather holds [the barometer is dropping] I will try to catch a fish tomorrow. We will see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment