Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WEDNESDAY

. . .  .Doggy and I spent three hours at the fishing hole today. It was a nice day at the river but there still are no fish and I saw no others making any effort..  ....The Army Corps of Engineers arrived in a 16 foot boat to check the water level gage that sits on Mel's land. There were three of them, all hydraulic engineers. I chided them about the expense of sending three highly paid professionals to do the job a high school dropout could attend to with one hours instruction. I think they were not too happy with my humor. Of course it was not really very funny and I am sure they would have liked to sit me 'straight' but they didn't. I watched them ride off in their little boat and wondered how much annual salary was represented in the craft. The tax payers are really getting ripped off. And we wonder why the voters never seem to complain. I think I will join the TEA Party. Are there are any Liberals who would join me?

1 comment:

  1. According to www.ask.com Army Corp of Engineers are actually civilians not actually enlisted. Therefore their salarys vary. A student makes $14.16 per hour, while other positions such as Project Managers rake in $81,000- $100,000 + a year.
    Just be happy they are floating around in a little boat watching the water go up & down

    ReplyDelete