Friday, March 7, 2014

FRIDAY

.............I walked South to where Natalia's office is this morning. For the past two years I have stopped by a little one burner 'restaurant' and had a beer with a very good meal. The lady remembered me from the last two years and was very pleased to see me again. I don't think she remembers me so much at my hat. I have never yet seen another one like it in Mazatlan. Any way her English is much better than last year so we were able to converse a bit better than any other time. It is a shame my Spanish is not as good. I ordered the only plate of the day with a beer and like all of the other times the only beer she has is the Quart size. I fooled her this year, I only drank half of it. The meal was three small burritos with beans on the side. Very tasty and most filling. I walked close to five miles today and so I stopped in for two scoops of ice cream on the way home.
The pictures today are a continuation of the trip to Stone Island I took a couple weeks ago. A small Hotel a few yards from the beach, a fella named Gary Hayden owns the place, he calls the Stone Island Gardens. It has a bar and restaurant, and I am not sure but that part of it might be what you see to the left of the picture.

This might be the bar and restaurant, I never checked.
This is a panorama of other eating establishments in the area.
This has to be a great beach for little kids because the waves are seldom higher than this. Of course they would make nice targets for the mechanical stuff that is for rent a quarter mile away.

These two scenes should be a panorama, they were both taken from the seat I had for lunch that day. I was told the first year I was here that this is the best food on the island and I have no doubt that is true.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment