Tuesday, March 18, 2014

TUESDAY

..............This morning I caught up the laundry and folded everything neatly into the suitcase. As soon as I post this I will make my last Face book entry from Mazatlan and break down my computer and store it for the trip. I had my usual cereal and raisins for breakfast at 8AM and that held me until about 1:00 so I walked to the Malicon to a little Mom and Pop restaurant overlooking the beach and ordered three Marlin Taco's. I had taken my book with me and read until 3:00. That is when Pop reminded me that they close at three so I emptied my pockets of my remaining Pesos and expressed my thanks. Except for my Taxi fare tomorrow I am out of local money.  I may use the ATM when I arrive in Arizona tomorrow, depends on what is offered my on the planes. I don't expect much. The picture is taken from across the square from the Machado Hotel. There are several small restaurants that on busy days spread out onto the street blocking traffic. The Gringo's enjoying the weather and the meals come first in this town!
About half a mile West of that picture is the end of the Malicon. This is the turn-around. Actually, the street continues South but under another name.

This is that continuation, going South but in this case the camera is aimed North.
This is another shot of the Coast line looking North. That is a huge flag!
This view point extends out to the ocean rocks.
 
This used to be military facility that protected the bay from naval attack. It is closed now and no way to get in. The picture was taken in a way that does not show the bars on the entrances.
 
Another beach about one mile South of where the fishing boats pull up on shore.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment