Monday, March 10, 2014

MONDAY

................I was a long time getting out of the house today. I decided to phone US Airways about my lost ticket confirmation. It took almost 18 minutes to get to talk to a real live person. When I did get help it took another ten minutes to get things in order well enough for my little brain to digest it. My flight out will be on the 19th rather than the 18th as I was thinking. The good news is that if all goes well I will be in Portland about 8PM that evening. It bothers me to have anyone have to spend half their night picking me up at midnight as in the past. Thanks, Caren for being there for me!.........I left the house around noon and walked to the library to return a free book to the free book box then read for another hour before going into Paulina's restaurant and ordering the special of the day. Turns out they had more than one special and one of them sounded like Beef so I ordered it. I got Shrimp, very salty shrimp, so salty I had no plans on eating them but at the same time I did not complain because I did not understand the language well enough to complain. As it happened the waiter asked me if all was OK and I asked him what I had ordered and he repeated the order with the word [I thought] Beef in it. I told him I wanted Beef as in Cow. ......... He then caught on and asked me if I wanted to change my order. I had already eaten about half of the rice, salad, vegetables and torittos so I told him no but I would not eat the shrimp because there was too much salt. He took my plate and a few minutes later returned with a new plate of what looked like and appeared to be chicken fried steak with all of the trimmings. It was delicious and I told him so. So again, I ate it all and way more than I should have. I feel like I will weigh a ton by the time I get home. More Cerritos pictures: The top picture is a shot of the last restaurant in the original section. They have enlarged their seating by building additional facilities right on the sand.
Just to the left of that  addition is a shot of a couple enjoying the view North over the beach.
 
 The new area that I took long shots of earlier looks like this, bars and food, big screen TV, the works.
 
About two hundred yards West of the previous shots there is another restaurant that I have frequented in the past and where I ate the day I was over that way.
 The last two pictures show the beach attached to this property and the building from another angle.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment