Thursday, March 6, 2014

THURSDAY

..................I was just finishing breakfast when the cleaning ladies arrived this morning. I did not take long to leave and let them do their thing. The morning was spent walking to the library and sitting in the shade next door to read. I enjoyed a beef and bean soup with rice and tortillas for lunch. Lunch is always good for another two hours of reading and relaxation. I arrived back at the house at 4PM and the ladies had left. The weather is still perfect t-shirt temperatures even at the beach where the breeze is almost always on the move. This picture is of  the fish market near where I caught the boat to Stone Island a couple of weeks ago. 30 Pesos round trip.
And the dock where I made land. I should not have gotten off here but things have since last year and I thought this was the new spot. Sad to say that after I got off the boat it continued on to where I really wanted to be. But that was only about 300 yards further South so no problem.
This is the ticket seller and also the first Tourist trap I saw on the island. He several little trinkets for sale and a big smile for the gringo's who stopped by.
The largest market in downtown Stone Island. I have never been inside, perhaps next year.
This is Stone Island Bay, off to the left is where I have always 'docked' before.
A cart full of tourists being shown the town by horse pulled wagon.
A little cafĂ© on the edge of town, the street I am on is taking me toward the Beach and Hotel. More of that tomorrow.   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment