Tuesday, March 11, 2014

TUESDAY

...........Spent this day sitting in the park reading and enjoying the most comfortable sea breeze you can imagine. Stopped by Costanza's for lunch and also got in a two mile walk. It was a good day.
When I left Cerritos [continuing my previous pictures] I decided to walk for a couple of hours and take more pictures of various things I found on the way.
It seems they use the horse like we use goats, they do a good job of clearing brush but certainly not as well as goats. The horse seems to be a bit more fussy about what he eats.
As soon as I stopped this guy came over to say howdy to me. I was a little concerned about these guys because I saw no water available anywhere. I am hoping that the owner stops by every evening and delivers water. This one did not complain at all when I scratched him between the years. He was probably thinking 'Crazy Gringo'.
This turned out to be a nice picture. The sun was just right. This is the plant that is crushed into pulp and the liquid used to produce Tequilla. The part that is used is the part in the ground, not the leaves. The roots when cleaned up weigh from 25 to 50 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment