Tuesday, March 4, 2014

TUESDAY

...............Turns out I was mistaken about the return of the Carnaval Parade. The plan this year is to have the return made Tuesday evening and not Monday as in the past. As I type this blog entry I can hear the Fireworks from the Parade getting closer and louder so perhaps this evening I will walk over to the beach and watch them come by. I will take a few more pictures and begin posting them on tomorrows blog.  Natalia arrived home early from work this afternoon, she is tired out and needs some rest. I asked her if she was going to walk down to the parade but she said not. .  .  .  .  .  . Today was very lazy, I did a lot of reading and walked a mile into town to get lunch.. Of course that means I also walked another mile to get home. It was good exercise, the weather is a tad cool but still just fine wearing a T-shirt. If it too cool watching the parade I will come back to the house, I refuse to wear a sweater, I will wait until I get back to Washington to do that!
A picture of the front of the farmers home who we visited.
I have these seen growing in Southern California but seldom so large.
In the back yard he experments with different plants, this without saying is Banana.
He has a few corn plants he is working with.
One Cotton plant for no reason other than to see if it would take to the soil at this elevation.

Here they are harvesting hot red peppers.
Natalia is saying goodbye and thanking them for the information. There is a good chance there will be a 'hike' up this way before long. Especially if the weather will stay cool for a few more weeks. I will be missing the hike but I am happy to have been here at this time.  Click on any picture, they look better larger.


1 comment:

  1. Its actually odd to see so many of our indoor plants, Mazatlan's outdoor plants and like you said, much larger.
    Please tell Natalia I like her colorful tennis shoes. We don't have colorful ones here.

    ReplyDelete