Sunday, February 6, 2011

Feb

Feb. 6th. . . . Today presented a very slow morning, being a weekend I didn’t have many chess games needing attention and no email so I was off the puter by 8:30. I watched a bit of TV news and fell asleep about 10AM. Hunger pangs tore me away from the slumber party and after getting something to eat I decided to get in my Sunday practice at the bowling alley.. . . . That turned out to be a nothing effort, I averaged 122 after five lines. I was throwing pretty fast because I finished the five lines in an hour. . . . . .I go back to the house in time to catch the kick off of the football game. There was a nice warm fire going in the fire place and that really relaxed me. I was about to turn the game off and find a good movie when Pittsburgh scored a touchdown just as the half ended. I decided to stay with it a while longer.. . . . During half-time I discovered my chess opponent from Lithuania had me trapped so I had to resign the game. My new rating is now 1829. It has not been that low for several months. That’s chess.. . . The ball game turned out to be  a thriller, it would have been better if Pittsburgh had scored in the last few minutes but it never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment