Sunday, February 20, 2011

February

20th. . . . I talked to Pepik and Eva on Skype this morning. Eva is working on her English and is trying hard but she is a little self conscience about her abilities. We were on camera for about 45 minutes. It was 7pm in Prague and they had something to do so we said goodbye. It was 9am here. Jack Frost had visited this part of the world during the night. The temperature outside was close to 20 when I got up. Brrrrr. I did get to the bowling alley today and was very happy with my scores. I started with a 160 and graduated to a 204 the second game. By the time the third game was complete I found myself looking at a 140. That last game is better than my 136 league average so I ended the day feeling pretty good. I also started a fourth line but I used that only for practice on the seven and ten pins. I should do that more often, they are tough pins to pick up without going in the gutter. On the way home I stopped by Safeway and bought all the things I need to make a pot of chili, that came to $14.00. Looks like I use only the best ingredients in my chili. I was home by 3pm. I put the beans to soak overnight, watched some TV while I had Sunday night popcorn and apple slices and was in bed early. I wonder if the bed will be delivered tomorrow since it is a holiday. They did say Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment