Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February

16th. . . . . . My chess games were caught up by 9:45. It was not until then that I realized I had not had breakfast. I turned to get out of the chair and discovered while glancing out the window that we were enjoying some fat snowflakes with the light rainfall. By the time I got to the kitchen window it had all stopped. Short winter.. . . .BTW, Happy Birthday, Sol!    I decided to do some grocery shopping today. The weather report has snow in it so I decided to get stocked up just in case it gets too deep to drive. On the way to Wal-Mart I stopped at Jiffy Lube and asked about a radiator flush. I told them I was in there last week getting an oil change and was told they would only charge me $70 for the flush. They told me they would do that so I waited while they worked on the car. After they finished I continued on my way to Wal-Mart. Just out of curiosity I checked to see how much they charged me. It was $116.00. I went back to the store and was told they had also changed the oil and filter. After the dust settled they promised me a free oil change next time it is due. I then continued my journey to buy groceries. That came to $44.00. Turned out to be a very expensive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment