Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February

February. . . .First.
Great weather! That is always a wonderful thing to report. And so seldom too. Around here anyway. It is not warm at all but the sun is bright and shiny, that makes this one feel pretty good. I went through my ‘Junk’ mail folder and found stuff from months ago that I had never known I had received. There were pictures there from Jennifer that she sent last summer. My filter, for some reason refused to put them in my inbox. I’m glad to have discovered them. In the future I will check my ‘junk’ file to see if anything else has been misfiled. It is never my intention to fail in answering emails.. . . . When Terri and I went to Europe last year she had suggested I get a small backpack to carry food and water in. I followed directions and bought a SMALL one. After a few days in Europe I decided it was way too small so I bought another larger one and brought the first one home. Today I stopped by to see Colter [almost three] and gave it to him, It fits just fine with room to grow.  I hope he does not wear it out before he grows out of it. . . . .I was tempted to wash my car today but never got around to it. Clear weather is supposed to stick around for a while so perhaps tomorrow things might warm up a bit and tempt me again. I won’t hold my breath.. . . . A few weeks ago I attached a pedometer to a pair of worn out Birkenstocks that I wear around the house. While watching TV I drag myself out of the chair during all commercial breaks and walk around the house. At the end of a week I check to see how many miles the pedometer claims I have walked. Last week it showed 7.49 miles and this week it reported 8.8 miles. That beats just sitting there getting fat-er. The habit is so ingrained that I hate to sit down in front of the TV even more than previously. The walking has helped me get off the BP med so I will continue with it. I hope it continues to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment