Saturday, February 12, 2011

February

12th. . . . Happy Birthday, Mr. Lincoln. . . .  .My chess games were up to date and breakfast was over by 9:30 this morning. The threatening rain was 40 miles away according to weather radar. It sure has taken its time getting here. Maybe this foretells the beginning of real winter. I cleaned up the mess at the base of the woodpile in the garage. Swept the floor of all wood debri and placed it is a paper bag for burning. The garage is looking better for it. One row of wood to go and it will all be gone. Once the estate settles there will be a lot of work to do to get the place ready for whatever comes next and getting rid of that wood pile is just one little part of it.. . . . . .I gave away my queen in one of my chess games so I resigned that one. My new rating is 1818, sad, sad.. . . The rain I have been expecting for days arrived about 4:30 and by 6pm it was really coming down. Happily, it was not a cold rain but I would not be surprised to hear that there is a lot of snow at the higher elevations. With a bit of luck it will pass by quickly and spring will arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment