Thursday, February 10, 2011

February

Went bowling today and got home around 4:30. I was hungry so I fixed dinner and ate while O'Reilly was on. I had a fire going in the fireplace and it was warm and toasty, I was almost too lazy to get out of the chair and walk during commercials.
        Bowling went well, 122-148-168- in that order. I was feeling pretty bad about my results during the first game and first half of the second but I then started finding myself in the groove. It is strange though because during my bowling today I was always feeling that I could do better. The 148 was a shock to me when I saw the final score and we won the last game because I did so well with the 168, but again the final score was a surprise. I did not feel I was doing very well at all. The team is now in 19th place out of 22. I think we started the season with 24 teams so perhaps some folks dropped out.
        Perhaps I am too 'hung up' on my scores each week but that is what keeps me trying harder, I see no reason to just throw the ball down the lane and to heck with the results. If I am going to get an average score and be at least an average bowler I want to constantly push myself. Fantastic scores may never happen but I feel better knowing I am trying my best. At the present time the average bowler in this league has a 148 score. Mine is at present 135, I really want to reach the point where I can expect at least 150 average each week. Perhaps I can reach that lofty goal before this season ends, I am going to try. It is fun but at the same time it is very frustrating, overcoming the frustration and scoring well adds to my pleasure.
    I'm stubborn, I am going to make it yet.
        After bowling today I stopped by Jiffy Lube and got the oil changed in the car. It has been a while since I did that, I hope the car stays happy for a few more years. Regular oil changes make that possible.. . . .Tonight I will watch TV until after 'The big Bang Theory' then get some sleep. I see no rain off the coast at the present time but the infrared view of the clouds tells me it is coming on rather quickly.

2 comments:

  1. Your font is too small to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I noticed. I will try to remember to not do that in the future. Thanks for the tip. Cliff

    ReplyDelete