Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February

22nd…..I reset my pedometer this evening. In the past seven days I have walked 11.35 miles in my slippers. Except for going to the mailbox that is all logged in the house. They are not actually slippers, they are a pair of Birkenstocks sandals I have had for many years.. . . . It tried hard to snow this afternoon but that never really happened. The weather report continues to predict that such a thing can be expected in the next few days. I am hoping it holds off until after I finish bowling on Thursday. . . . .I found my new bed to be satisfactory, with luck it will not wear out before I do. I hate spending that much money all at one time. If things keep going as they have just buying gas for the car will become as hateful.. . . .Charlotte told me about her way of making popcorn and so I find myself enjoying that vegetable more often. She uses a glass bowl with a glass lid and puts a quarter cup of popcorn in it before placing it in the microwave. After it all pops she sprays it with  ‘I can’t believe it is not butter’ spray. That process really cuts down on cleanup time. Barbara’s microwave takes about 6 minutes to cook a quarter cup and in the process of so much micro waving the first kernels to pop come out with a slightly different taste. Even that makes it worth the easier clean up. That is my recipe for the day. Your favorite chef, Cliff.

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean you won't be using your spin-o-matic popper anymore? Don't toss it out...or do, but let me know where you tossed it!

    ReplyDelete