Sunday, February 13, 2011

February

13th. . . .  . .           Isn’t it interesting, Friday the Thirteenth fell on Sunday this month. Wonders will never cease. After the big, bad rain storm last night the skies are clear enough to see where the sun is today. I keep talking about spring coming, for all of the good it does. We have not yet had our first really heavy snowfall.. . . . I arrived at the bowling alley at 1PM and found it rather busy. They did have a lane open but there was a lot of bowling going on in that place. I bowled four lines in about an hour and averaged 148; that is 13 pins above my average. I felt good about my results as the hour progressed, I learned to slow down, that seems to help my accuracy. I need accuracy because I leave too many pins standing with the second ball during each frame. Now I am excited about getting back down there Thursday to see if I can keep it up. I stopped by to see Ron and Caren on my way home. I missed Colter because he was sleeping off a very busy morning. Ron had to chase calves while I was there, they had wandered into the front yard and were walking up the driveway toward the street when Ron intercepted them. Chasing cows, what a job! Barbara had told me many times that that is the reason she took up cussing. I can see why. Cows have been getting smarter every year since 1963. Nineteen sixty three is the year Teachers Unions came on the scene. . . . I would have gotten home with a dry car had I not stopped by Caren and Ron’s place. As it happened the rain was just starting as I walked out the door to come home. So now I will drive a dirty car to Portland tomorrow. I’m going to take Terri out to dinner, unless she pays this time. I’m not sure it is her turn to pay, I think she treated me last time. I wonder if she reads this blog. I watched ‘Paper Chase’ on TV this evening. It was rather late [for me] but it was interesting enough to stay up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment