Friday, January 11, 2013

FRIDAY


… . . .  . Today I left the house about 10am with my book and a bottle of water in a plastic sack. My first stop was the ‘library’ where I paid 150 Pesos for the right to check out one book at a time for the next year. The store does not offer a large selection but I will not have to read them all to keep me aptly supplied for the time I will be here. I then walked to the beach and strolled the Wide Avenue enjoying the cool breeze and the sights. By noon I was a few hundred yards from the house and stepped in to a very small restaurant for a couple of Tacos. I then stopped at the house for a couple of hours of relaxing before starting out again for a longer stroll around the city. I was not in any hurry and I could tell by the amount of ground I was covering that that was true. I may pick up the pace later but rather doubt it… . . I took a picture of a Turkey buzzard on the beach today but it is a distant shot and I doubt it will be very good. I have to experiment with downloading pictures to this blog before I can post it. I have posted pictures to the body of the blog before but for some reason I am unable to figure out how to do it on the laptop. This machine is very sensitive and just resting my finger on the left or right key causes the machine to respond. For that reason I am constantly doing something wrong, losing patience and chucking the whole thing. I am not using a mouse and find this finger slider just too difficult to get along with. Life sure can be a problem sometimes. Natalia has not yet arrived but I am going to post this now that I’m on line and bring things up to date tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment