Monday, January 21, 2013

MONDAY

 . . . . .I left the house at 10:30 this morning and by Noon I was in Lety’s Café across the South Bay having lunch. This area is an adjoining peninsula that is called Stone Island. Boat taxi cost 30 Pesos round trip and lasts about ten minutes each way. It was a nice day to be walking the streets of the little town. Only two streets in the town are paved and I can only imagine what a mess it is when they suffer a heavy rain. Around noon all of the dogs are asleep in the dust and bother no one, occasionally a motor bike goes by and stirs up the dust. I wore my cheap canvas shoes because I remember what a mess my good shoes looked like after my last trip over there a year ago. I had a wonderful chicken salad and two beers for lunch. I was in Lety’s for three hours reading and relaxing. I left there at 3:10 and by four I was back at the house eating a bowl of ice cream. The temperature was a comfortable 75 and a few lazy clouds poked around as the day progressed. My toe was giving me trouble because I switched shoes today but some Hot and Icy fixed that when I got back. The picture I have today is one I took at the Central Market where I had lunch a few days ago. Those crazy birds have no fear and love to finish up the plate if not shooed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment