Thursday, January 10, 2013

WEDNESDAY

…..I was awake ten minutes before Ron phoned. He arrived 20 minutes later and by 3:30 we were on our way to the airport. The plane left at 5:30. Security took my little pocket knife away from me so I will have to find a replacement in the next few days. It was nice to see the sunshine in Phoenix but I was told it was cold outside, something like 43 degrees. We left 30 minutes late but still landed on time so the flight only lasted 90 minutes. I had to declare my Tillamook Cheese but they accepted that because it was in its original packaging. I had also brought along a half pound of smoked salmon that Mel had given me because I knew Natalia loved smoked salmon. The man at the counter told me he would have to relieve me of that tasty morsel because it was not wrapped properly. It was in a Ziploc bag. I became upset and told him to go ahead and take it, take it home with him and enjoy it. I told him it was the best smoked salmon he would ever eat. I was not happy and I am sure he realized that. I proceeded through customs and complained at the next stop for all the good it did me. Natalia’s Nephew was waiting for me as I exited the area and after I purchased $270.00 worth of Pesos we were on our way. Natalia was not home so I put my stuff away as soon as Daniel drove off. I then locked the place up after me and went for a stroll around town. I was looking for All Bran Plus breakfast cereal but was unable to find any. I will find some tomorrow. It is not available in the States and I have grown a fondness for it since my last trip down here. Natalia arrived about 6:30 and we had a happy reunion while she cooked for her mother and us. During our conversation I told her about the surprise smoked salmon she almost got. She asked me who the man was behind the counter and I described him as best as I could. She picked up her cell phone and told me she would find it. After a couple of minutes she hung up the phone and told me they would call her back. She left about 7PM to take her Mother her evening meal and got home before 8. I told her she had forgotten her cell phone and it had rung once while she was gone. She checked the number and called back, two minutes later she hung up and said she had found the smoked salmon and would pick it up the next day. Needless to say I was beyond belief! All of that happened yesterday and I am posting this after she left for work. I am going to be waiting to hear the end of the story today. That was yesterday, I am warm, healthy and happy and plan on making another tour of the beach this afternoon. I will take my book along with a bottle of water and find a shady palm to sit under while I read and relax.

4 comments:

  1. Natalia must have some clout if she can get that fish back! If it was vacuum packed, (sealed) would it have been OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel, I responded to this via email but it came back, I still don't have your address correct I guess.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy yourself!

    Glenda Elford

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tHANKS Glenda, Last year was very nice in the sun and I am hoping for the same this winter!

      Delete