Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WEDNESDAY




I had intended to take my bowling ball with me this year but Natalia told me the bowling alley had closed so I left the equipment home. It seems the owner of the place was using it as a front to launder money and one of his partners in the business become upset with the way things were going and put some lead holes in him. The family knew nothing about running a bowling alley so they closed it. The other picture is of the golf course near the Gold Zone. It appears to be in need of more moisture than it is getting this year. It was much greener last winter.
            Wednesday. . . . . . Natalia left at 7:30 to attend a Mass for the sister of a good friend who is about to die. She left me her famous oatmeal for breakfast and after my shower I was ready for some of that! I left the house at 10am and as expected I went directly to the library. I picked up a free pocket book, bought a book for 20 pesos and picked out from the library itself. I will return all of them as soon as I finish with them. I then walked two blocks and turned south for a stroll to the end of the peninsula. I took many pictures, several of which I will post on the blog eventually. I had lunch at the ‘lean to’ restaurant I have mentioned before. I got there at noon and asked the man if there was going to be food today and he told me he was not sure the woman was going to arrive. I told him to bring me a beer and I would wait a while. She did arrive about 12:40 and asked me if I wanted to eat beef burritos again today. I told her I really enjoyed them last time so she cooked some more for me. I was there over two hours reading, relaxing and eating. When I got up to pay the bill I was surprised to find there was a strong cool wind coming in off the ocean. Clouds had also arrived while I was busy with the book and food. Strangely no one else had ordered food all the time I was there. I walked home wishing I had worn my sweat shirt but that didn’t stop me from eating another ice cream on the way. I arrived back at the house about 4pm and down loaded the pictures I had taken

No comments:

Post a Comment