Saturday, January 19, 2013

SATURDAY


. . . . . . . Natalia was up and outside walking before sunup this morning. She had returned and was busy in the kitchen when I finally began my day. Today was the day of the family gathering and she was cooking up a storm, preparing to feed an army. I walked to the Library, arriving about 10am, the hour they open on Saturday. I traded in my finished Balzac and found a book about radical Islam, a memoir. I returned by 10:30 and did what I could to help Natalia prepare for the crowd. She is very well organized and seldom requires much aid. The first family members arrived close to two and folks were drifting in and out all afternoon. The meal was delicious and plentiful. The laughter was ‘catching’. Natalia 4 was entertaining, it was a good day. Enjoyed by all.  I helped Natalia the best I could during the day and cleanup was not difficult after the last guest left. She disappeared into her room with her laptop and I came to my room to bring my email and blog up to date.. . . . . . The picture today shows a fisherman gathering many hundreds yards of yellow fish line, attaching a fish hook and length of clear leader about every 20 feet and dropping the line into the hold at his feet.  I am supposing the plan is to attach bait to each of the hooks and slowly feed the entire length of line out into the ocean. After a time and with any luck he will be able to retrieve the line and find many fish attached. The line is actually coming off a very large spool that appears to hold thousands of feet of line, perhaps several thousand feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment