Monday, January 14, 2013

MONDAY


……….Natalia left for work about 8:30. She served me breakfast again, she is a wonderful lady and great friend, not to mention fantastic cook!  I cleaned up in the kitchen best I could, I’m not much good in someone else’s kitchen. I then spent some time with the laptop. I have not had it out for almost a year. I am still learning how to and not to use it. I did experiment with the blog a bit and put those pictures where I wanted them, more or less, but I wonder how well I will be able to do it a second time. If the whole thing disappears you will know I pushed a wrong button somewhere. I left the house shortly before 11am stopped by a bank to break up a couple of 500 peso bills; it is difficult for some of the smaller businesses to accept those things. I find the hundreds move along at a smart pace though. I walked south toward the end of the peninsula where the university annex is. I was looking for that little shack restaurant that I had frequented several times last year but it was closed. Or out of business, it would be hard to tell with that place. I will stop by again one day and if it is open I will take a picture for you. Natalia had told me of a new place close to her work so I went there and ordered something delicious but I have no idea what it was. It tasted very good and looked a lot like three rather flat tacos filled with cheese and many other tasty ingredients. I ordered a beer and that arrived in a 210 ml bottle. It was a tiny thing but tasty and I certainly don’t need more beer than that anyway. I was in there eating and reading for about an hour but the wind was blowing through the place and it was very cool right on the water like that. I was wearing only a T-shirt and that was not enough. While walking home I remembered that I wore my lightweight London Fog jacket quit often last year. I should have had my sweatshirt on today at least. I stopped twice while walking home to sit in the sun and read. At one point I even got brave and purchased an ice cream bar. I don’t know what it was made of but I am going to be buying more of those before the winter is over! They cost 20 pesos and are worth every Centavo. I have 40 pages to go on my book so tomorrow I will stop by the Library again, I find I like Hemingway but will probably switch to another author just for the heck of it….I was home by 3pm pooped out and cold. I laid down to read and woke up at 4:20 just long enough to check the time then woke up at about 5:30 just in time to start the evening.....First I wrote the above blog of the day and attempted to add pictures with it. You can tell how well that went. Natalia arrived home late, well after 7pm and in possession of the smoked salmon I had brought as far as the airport. She told me that the man who took it from me did not take it home but put it with the other confiscated items of the day that were to be burned. The man she phoned after I told her about the fish phoned the department that destroys such things and told them that the salmon belonged to Natalia. Those people, who are all friends of Natalia. got all excited and rescued the salmon for her. She was so busy over the weekend that she didn't have time to go get it until this evening. I took a picture of her holding the bag of salmon but as I said earlier I am unable to repeat whatever I did before to post pictures on this site. I have not yet given up and will continue to try and if it does appear you will know the story about that. Natalia was in her room getting ready for bed less than half an hour after she got home. I was tired earlier but that long nap helped so I will be up a while longer trying to post pictures, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that she finds the fish to be to her liking. Sorry that she had to go to so much trouble to get it.

    ReplyDelete