Thursday, January 31, 2013

THURSDAY




THURSDAY. . . . .Natalia left early again today, the University auditors are still poking around and things are a mess at work so she felt she should be there and keep an eye on her desk. We did have another very nice breakfast this morning and when I entered the kitchen I found the oranges already squeezed into juice. I was really surprised because the machine she uses makes a lot of noise. I had not heard it. I sort of put the kitchen in order after she left then I got my few things together and left about 10am. I had no idea what direction I was going to be going but by noon I found myself at Burger King, about four miles North in the Gold zone. I had been in no hurry so four miles in two hours was no big thing. The pictures I have posted today were taken during that walk. The picture of the large building is just to give you an idea of what the tourists can find for accommodations if they are so inclined. There are many very nice hotels in this part of town. That is why they call it the Gold Zone. [Bring lots of gold]. The picture of the eight Pomeranians being walked on the beach was a shot I could not refuse to let get away. I thought it was a lot of fun watching them trying to get loose and run but fat chance of that. There was only one not on a leash and he would not mind the caretaker one bit! The picture of the waves I took just because it might turn out to be a nice picture of high tide with the wind bringing in the surf. After lunch I continued my walk to the bowling alley and by then it was 4:30 so I sat on a bus bench for about ten minutes waiting for the big green bus that has Centro on the front of it. Twenty-five minutes later it dropped me off 20 feet from Natalia’s front door. It was a good day but I noticed when I got off the bus that it was pretty cold at this end of the peninsula. I had noticed during the day that many of the older people were bundled up quite a bit. The tall buildings in the Gold Zone stopped a lot of the cold wind and I didn’t notice it. It was a nice day, long walk and my bad toe never gave me any trouble. Can’t beat that! PS: try clicking on the pics, do they enlarge?

No comments:

Post a Comment