Saturday, January 12, 2013

SATURDAY



…….. . . .I went shopping with Natalia this morning while she stocked up on groceries for the weekend. We looked further for Kellogg’s All Bran Plus that I learned to like last year. I was unable to find it at home and was looking forward to it again but it is not to be found. I had emailed Kellogg last year after arriving home to ask where in Longview I could find it but they wrote back telling me it is not available in the US. I am getting the idea it is also no longer available here…….After getting back to the house I gathered my camera, book and water bottle and went walking. I had lunch at Macaw Café; I took a picture but still have not found how to paste pictures on the face page of this blog. Perhaps I will try to relearn how to put them to the side like the present ones are. Lunch at Macaw was about 40 pesos including a coke lite. That was fine until I decided to order a 60 peso dessert. I could hardly waddle home after all of that…..I also took a picture of the Library that is fifty yards away from Macaw and will post that one day soon…….Natalia was still running in and out this afternoon but left for the evening about 3PM leaving me in charge of the delivery of a tank of Propane that she had run out of. She uses that for cooking and the water heater. The propane guy was here and gone by 4:30 so I read for a while then started this blog. I will have to wait till later in the evening to post it though because the connection from the router across the street will be stronger after the sun goes down and the cars stop whizzing by.  The locals are bundled up to a certain extent but I was comfortable in my T-shirt and an unbuttoned over shirt. I am sure that should I go walking this evening I will wish for my light jacket…….

I decided to stay inside and play with this picture problem I have been having and it seems to have paid off. I was able to post the Picture I was writing about yesterday then unloaded the camera and posted more from today. They have titles but it appears the titles don’t post with the picture. I will see what I can do about that.

2 comments:

  1. What about the salmon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the pictures.
    How much is $10 worth there? Like --- how many pesos would that buy you?

    ReplyDelete