Friday, January 18, 2013

FRIDAY


………I worked on my laundry this morning and did not get out of the house until after 11am. I walked to the central market stopping along the way to sit in the nearby city park to read and people watch. Natalia fed me another nice breakfast this morning but by 12:30 I was feeling hunger pangs again. That seems to be the story of my life! I went upstairs in the market where all of the good food is and sat outside overlooking the busy street below. The waitress gave me a menu and I threw a dart at it and received a very nice shrimp dinner and Pepsi. I am not a great lover of shrimp so next time I will throw the dart in a slightly different direction. After eating and reading for more than an hour I left the little restaurant and stopped by a Super Market across the street and stocked us up on T-paper and napkins. I then dropped them off at the house and continued my walk North on the boardwalk overlooking the ocean. I found a quiet spot overlooking the incoming waves and enjoyed the solitude for a long time. I then walked across the street and found my favorite 20 peso ice cream bar selling for 18 peso’s. After completely enjoying that I returned to the house and finished my Balzac book. The name of the book is ‘Pere Goriot and Eugenie Grandet’, actually two completely different stories. By the time I finished that, is was now, and I turned on the puter to post my daily doings. . . .The picture today is a pic of the local Taxi of which there are many that prowl the streets looking for tired pedestrians who might appreciate a ride. For a price of course. The vehicle is named Pulmona after the man who many years ago built the first one and used it so successfully that others wanted to buy in. Someone told me last year that they are used only in Mazatlan but they are so successful here I find it hard to imagine they are not used in other Cities around the Globe. They are not allowed to compete with regular taxi's in that they can not drive a fare to the Airport. The city has built a monument to Palmona that can be seen while walking the 'boardwalk'.

No comments:

Post a Comment