Friday, January 25, 2013

I was up at 7:30 this morning just as Natalia was leaving for work. She said she had a very busy day today and wanted to get an early start. After breakfast and after getting my email and chess games up to date I left for a day of wandering around. Today I decided to walk South on the Malicon next to the ocean. I have been calling it the 'boardwalk' but according to the locals it is the Malicon. I will have to check the correct spelling later. In my wanderings I discovered the tower I had climbed to the top of last year. Last year there had been no railings so after walking up I found the downward trip was making me dizzy so I came down on the seat of my pants, one step at a time. I made no effort to climb it this year, taking the pictures was good enough. The left side of the tower is the side the divers leap from. They have a very scary dive into the water as you can see from this picture. This walk ended at Macaws Restaurant where I spent over an hour enjoying a Chicken Salad and a coke.  This is usually a half hour walk home but since I had come the long way it took two hours. I did stop several times to listen to the ocean waves breaking nearby. After lunch I slowly worked my way home, including a stop at the ice cream store for another 20peso dessert. I thought there was room enough to place these pictures side by side but my efforts were for naught.


No comments:

Post a Comment