Tuesday, January 22, 2013

TUESDAY



. . . .  . .I left the house at 9:45 and arrived at the library right after they opened, it didn’t take long to choose another book because I had seen it previously and knew it was the one I wanted. I then walked to the South bay and visited my little lean too restaurant for the first time this year. I was amazed when the lady waved at me even before I got there, she remembered me from last year and we found that our ability to communicate had improved because we each had learned a little more of our respective languages. I guess that is not proper grammer but you get the idea. I ordered a Pacifico beer and told her I would not be ready to eat for a while, I was going to read and enjoy the view of the bay. She delivered a quart of beer [that is the only size they have] and said she would start cooking when I asked her to. It was 12:45 before I felt hungry and asked her to deliver whatever she had as a special today. A few minutes later she arrived with three beef burritos with refried beans on the side. The food was delicious, no complaints at all! The bill came to 65Pesos and worth every centavo. I left a 20% tip when I left at 2:30. The picture today is one I took of the place this morning. The eating area is off to the right. I should have included it in the picture.  When I got back on the street there was a city bus turning around to make his return trip to wherever he was going so I got on board and stayed there for 45 minutes until he got to the end of the line. I then got on another bus going outbound for another location and I stayed on that one until I got back in the Gold Zone. I got off there and waited for a bus going to the Centro district and hopped on that one to return home. I got back to the house about 4:30 and discovered that the ‘gate’ door was locked. I had no key for that lock so I was stuck until Natalia arrived at 8PM. I sat on the sidewalk and read my book beyond the halfway point before it became too dark to read. As soon as she arrived she ate a banana and told me good night, I had a bowl of cereal to help my evening meds go down then retired to my room to post the blog and the picture. It was an interesting day, to say the least. Let’s see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment