Friday, March 8, 2013

FRIDAY

I was out later than usual today. But it was cloudy and I was unable to really get excited. Lots of cloud cover and I expect there was rain around here someplace. I headed toward the Malecon because Natalia told me it was closed for preparations regarding the Triathlon swim/bike/run coming tomorrow. I am sure the crowd will be larger tomorrow but today things were very quiet; lots of young folks signing up and lots of expensive bicycles being safety checked by officials. I ate lunch on the Malecon in a windy restaurant. I should have had my long sleeves on. I returned to the house about three after stopping for another quart of ice cream. I don't know what favor it is but it is the only bulk package I have ever been able to find at the Oxxo Market two blocks from Natalia's house. I know it has nuts in it but any other flavoring is new to me.
I am sure it is as fattening as all the rest of the ice cream in the world. It is also not as delicious as the ice cream Terri Lynn introduced me to during our 30 days in Europe a couple of years ago. I am still reading Clear and Present Danger and that kept my attention until about 7PM this evening when I started this posting.

This is a interesting display of the local commercial fishing boats and nets as they would look if they were in the water. The boat model is about 18 inches long.

Big bird, small pond.
Pretty duck.
Little kids like these guys because they can walk right up to them and reach out before the bird scampers away. The birds don't even get excited enough to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment