Thursday, March 21, 2013

THURSDAY


    I was up and going at 6:15 this morning. Had a bowl of cereal and made an egg sandwich for my 'outing' today. Natalia had me at the pre-arranged bus stop at 7:45 and I was on it when it left at 8:10. We went about 35 miles north of MZT to the Tropic of Cancer where we turned off the highway and drove a dirt road several miles to the beach. Today I will begin a series of pictures of what I saw and did for several hours before arriving back at the house about 3PM. Olivia was here still doing her housework when I arrived so I did not stay long, I gathered up my book and walked to the park and read for an hour or so. I am pooped, it was a long day.
This gives you an idea of the road to the site, Nice bus, almost new, nice ride.
This is the rest room before the nice facilities pictures below were put into service
This 236,000 acres have been set aside as a national animal refuge and historicsl site. That is the reason for the upgrade, I imagine.
 
These rock carvings are right at the edge of the incoming waves from the ocean. I suppose that weather and tides have erased more of them than we will ever be able to see. More tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment