Sunday, March 10, 2013

SUNDAY

     Natalia and her Granddaughter Natalia IV left me some breakfast in the microwave when they left at 8:30. I was out the door about an hour later myself. This was another day that I wish I had brought more long sleeved shirts; there is a real cool wind coming in off the ocean and not a cloud in the sky. My day consisted of reading and moving from one park bench to another trying to find  a warm spot. I stopped in a new restaurant today and while enjoying my book discovered two of Natalia's Canadian friends at the next table. I visited with then for a while before getting back out in the breeze. I was happy to be back inside at 4PM. I noticed the clock on my computer thinks I am still in the Pacific Time Zone, the switch to daylight savings time has arrived, the first day of spring can not  be far behind. . . .I was happy to see that my video posted yesterday, I will try the other one today and see what happens.
This shows a contestent trading his bicycle for running shoes. It all must be done properly and there are officials watching. The bike must be left hanging safely on the bar also.
In the center of the picture 150 yards off shore can be found the two orange bouys that are used as the turning points for the swimmers. I guess the swimming distance is about a quarter mile. I did not arrive early enough to catch them leaving the water.
This is another picture of the bikes lined up for inspection on Friday before Saturday's race.

No comments:

Post a Comment