Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WEDNESDAY


          This was a busy day, I brought it on myself though. I walked to Loony Bean coffee shop because I was told I could get tickets to the Equinox festivities there. The three girls behind the counter told me they don't sell tickets to anything. I then walked back to Central Market and got some oranges and eggs to replenish the refrigerator. After delivering them to the house I walked to Dominoes Pizza and had a sandwich, I would guess at least two miles North on the Malecon. I was in there for over an hour reading my book. I carry a book everywhere I go around here. After lunch I continued my walk North to the State Tourist office and asked the young man there about tickets. He made a few phone calls and informed me that the people in charge of that trip would be at Loony Bean at 4PM. By this time I was tired enough to catch a bus back to the Centro area then walked across town to Loony Bean. On the way I stopped in a little park and read for an hour and a half. When I arrived at Loony Bean the ladies were there with the tickets. I purchased one for 225 Pesos and have to arrive at a particular bus stop at 7:45 in the morning. That is before breakfast, you know. On the way back to the house I stopped for an ice cream and read for almost an hour while there. I arrived home at 5PM.
I hope this is not a repeat picture......it is looking at the south end of the Malecon. Loony Bean is in the buildings you see at the left end of the picture.
I had to post this for the humor..after all, hot water and Hi-Fi! Can you beat that?
This is another picture of the library I visit two or three times a week. The books in the case are for sale for 20 pesos. I buy them then put them back on the shelf after I've finished them.

No comments:

Post a Comment