Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WEDNESDAY

With Equinox week and Easter arriving back to back I decided to take a long walk on the Malecon to see what changes are taking place. The crowds are in the early stages and the police are out in force, the sun bathers are beginning to locate their place in the sunny sand. I walked about five miles to the Gold Zone and snapped a few pictures along the way  then caught a bus back to Central District. It was just too warm to attempt to walk back and my sore toe is starting to complain again. After getting off the bus I walked a mile to Macaw's for lunch then walked home. That was another mile. I got back about four PM. I'm still posting pictures of the Equinox Festivities.

There were two of these entertainers but I never saw them dancing.

There were a lot of male dancers, I guess that is the culture for this Festival. Notice that one drum is floating in a tub of water while the other two are buried in sand.
He was dancing to the one drummer only.
This is a blessing for couples, there is flame in that pot and a black smoke is eminating from it. The pot is waved in a particular fashion around each couple.


this lady is an English speaking Media personality from somewhere. I watched her explaining to the camera what they were witnessing during this day. Maybe she was making a travelog, that is one possibility among many.




No comments:

Post a Comment