Sunday, March 17, 2013

SUNDAY

. . . .I had a good Sunday, the weather is really getting better very quickly around here and today was a T-shirt day. I did a lot of reading and sitting in the park, the usual thing for me.
There was nothing St. Patrick about the day, at least I didn't see anything in town. Just a normal Sunday with less traffic than usual. The shoe shine man [Marteen] told me that this has been a bad year as far as the tourist industry in concerned, that has been his experience anyway. Natalia has told me that things will pick up shortly when what may be called 'spring break' arrives. Previous spring breaks have been pretty wild around here when the drug Cartels were in charge [or thought they were] but since the Govt has clamped down the crowds are not so wound up. That suits me just fine. I left here on the 16th of March last year so I did not take part but it looks like I will this year. At least until 5PM when I usually get back to the house.
I would guess this to be one of the oldest houses in MZT. It is about 12X12 and made from mud bricks with a lean too added on in the back. I would like to see it without the fence in front of it but this is the pic I could get.
This property consists of only the mud brick wall you see being propped up by the wooden posts. The other side of the wall is an empty, overgrown lot. It is interesting how bushes have taken root in the mud bricks at ceiling level. They have now been cut back but I see a lot of this in the older buildings in town.
This is another one a few blocks away, this shrubbery looks like it had been cut back at least once in the past. There are still walls behind these windows but not much of a roof.
I took a pic of this building last year and posted it on YouTube. At that time it was going through refurbishing , they did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment