Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday 5pm

. . . . Natalia reminded me that we leave the house at 6:30am tomorrow for the bus ride to wherever the 10km walk begins. She promised me she would be knocking on my door at 5:45 so I would have time to get some breakfast before leaving. I read the news from the States and brought my chess games up to date before having breakfast and getting myself ready for a new day. I had ran out of milk and knew I would need some for breakfast in the morning so I walked two blocks to the Oxxo market for that and a liter of ice cream. As I turned the corner to enter the store I was confronted with a small army of local policemen on official business of some kind. The cops around here all wear black ski masks and dress in black, carry machine pistols as well as 9mm’s or 45’s on their hips. Sort of a scary sight for the uninitiated. Since no one seemed to pay any attention to me I proceeded into the store to make my purchases. There were five cops inside questioning some guy about something; I just ignored everybody and they ignored me so I paid for my stuff and exited. Still have no idea what was going on.  .  .  . I started a new book this morning, The Pickwick Papers, it sounds entertaining. I read that for a while before gathering up the laptop and hiking to the CafĂ© to check my Comcast e-mail and get lunch..I was in there for a couple of hours before paying my bill and heading home. I was too lazy to more than take a nap this afternoon and read on the book. The weather was nice today, never above 80 and because of the sea breeze it was very comfortable. I am getting used to saying Hola instead of hello, which has taken a while. Tomorrow is the nice long walk in the country; I hope there are a lot of things to take pictures of. Getting up at 5:45 is not my thing but so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment