Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday 7th

Tuesday…      The dentist told me I was healing just fine but he wants to wait a few more days before taking the impressions. I have an appointment for next Monday at 9:30am. I had carried my laptop with me thinking I might check into the Café but I never got hungry enough to bother. I did find Nancy at her volunteer station meeting with as many people as she could in the Square near her house. She thought she would be able to show me around the larger Mzt area via local bus on Thursday. I promised her a nice lunch and that seemed to wet her appetite. We agreed to meet at 10am. I had told her about my travels yesterday she was surprised I had walked so far. I joked about liking Burger King and had stopped by there also. She mentioned that there was a Burger King in Old Town too. That surprised me because I thought if there was such a thing I surly would have seen it in my travels. I decided to go looking for it. I am happy I was only strolling along at two miles per hour because if I had blinked I would have missed it. The store has a 12-14 foot front and I have no idea how far back inside the building it goes because I stayed outside and took a picture of it. I spotted it relative to the big church in town so I can find it again as soon as I build an appetite for another stop at a Burger King. Before returning to the house for a nap I stopped at a second hand hardware store and bought a pair of long nosed pliers, a screw in electric plug and a 5 foot extension cord. After returning to the house I used the pliers to retrieve a small tube of facial cream Natalia had lost down the drain some time ago. I then inserted a strainer I had purchased yesterday so that animal will not be able to get away next time she drops it. I then removed the light bulb over the sink and placed the screw in electric plug on top of it before screwing the whole thing back into the ceiling. I then attached the extension cord and viola! She has an electrical outlet in her bathroom. Can you imagine a bathroom without a place to plug in a razor, hair dryer, curling iron or what have you? I know she uses a curling iron but she has to do it in another room in the house. Or did, until today. I will have to report her response tomorrow; this will be posted before I get home this evening. She was very pleased when she found I had replaced a light bulb in there last week, 12 foot ceilings are a bear to work with. .   ..    .  Natalia is only 5ft tall.  Before she left for work she reminded me I had not yet eaten some soup she had made so I ate that before starting my day. By the time I got to the Café I was hungry again so I ordered a sandwich. The bread it was made from was wavy like the ocean and cooked like a toasted cheese sandwich. I really have no idea what was in it but it did taste good. I could taste cheese and what I thought may have been bacon. There was a serving of potato salad next to it on the plate. The salad was very good too. The weather has been fantastic all day, it may have gotten to 80 degrees, and I’m lovin’ it! I discovered about midnight last night that I can send e-mail very easily using Hotmail, Comcast just does not respond from Natalia’s house. I still have to come to the Café a couple of times a week because that is where I get the information I need to keep track of my little investments that I have ‘working’ for me. But that’s OK, the food is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment