Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday

Saturday… I slept until 8am and after waking found Natalia working in the kitchen again. She told me WE were having lunch today. I asked, WE are? She said, ‘Yes’. I asked her what the occasion was and her answer was “My family is coming to lunch today”. I offered to help and she immediately put me to work. I learned to remove seeds from the Guava fruit, she had me slice onions, and I also sliced strawberries, washed a lot of dishes and generally made myself useful. I found that ‘lunch’ starts about 3pm because it was close to 2pm that her sister arrived hungry and wanted to eat immediately. Natalia cooked for her and she ate and left. About a half hour later her daughter and Granddaughter arrived and after waiting a while they were hungry too so Natalia asked me if I wanted to eat too and I said yes. We were about finished when Natalia’s Mother, Brother, nephew and his wife arrived and were served wine as a starter then after a while started eating dinner. I took a lot of pictures, some that I am sure Natalia will appreciate in years to come. When dessert was ready another son in law arrived for dinner so we all joined him around the table for ten while he had dinner and dessert with us. There was much wine, rum, and laughter until 6pm when they all disappeared, Grand daughter was staying overnight and the 9 year old from next door was here playing with her so things stayed busy even if most of the people had left.. . . I stacked the rental chairs and rolled the large round table up against the wall for later pickup then did what I could to help Natalia clean up the kitchen. Not much help was needed; she is a snappy one when it comes to cleaning up a kitchen! It was a good day but I never did get to the Café this afternoon. I attempted to post this from Natalia’s at 7pm but only you can tell if I was successful. My indications were that I had a ‘fair’connection but I think it did not work
              
.

No comments:

Post a Comment