Saturday, February 18, 2012

Thursday

. . . . . Natalia prepared breakfast this morning. I cannot describe it except to say that she said it can also be served for dinner. During breakfast she mentioned that we would be having guests from Minnesota for lunch. After breakfast she found things for me to do to help when she started cooking lunch. She had everything completed by 11:30. It was then that she left to do some shopping and told me to great the guests as they arrived, which I did. She returned shortly after they arrived and we all sat in the living room getting acquainted until about 1pm when Natalia put food on the table and we all followed her to the dining room table. The meal was very good; Natalia had made two kinds of hot sauce, hot and hotter. She and I ate the hotter on our tacos and the two couples visiting ate the hot. She had made pork filling for the tacos, it was really very tasty and the rice dessert was real special. The two couples left about 3:45 to attend Carnival and I helped Natalia clean the place up then we retired to the patio for a while until her daughter, arrived with her daughter, also named Natalia. By then it was almost 4:30 and I retired to my room to bring my blog up to date and to read while they visited. The weather has turned cool and I was surprised to see the Minnesota couples dressed much warmer than I was. They had been here several times in the past and were well acquainted with the surprise changes in the weather in this part of the world. I would have been happy with an extra thick shirt at least. At the moment we are ‘enjoying’ 30 kph winds coming onshore. The temperature is about 14c.I think that is in the low 40’sf and cooling off as the sun sets.  A couple of hours later Natalia’s daughter left. The plan is for Granddaughter to spend the rest of the weekend. Jessica, the nine year old from upstairs came down to visit and the three of them ran off to the market to do some shopping. I had some more Rice pudding as they walked out the door. I could hear fireworks explosions as I typed up my blog for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Would Natalia share her rice pudding recipe?? Hope so....

    ReplyDelete