Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday 8th

Wednesday.   .   .   When Natalia got in last night she had a hunger for Pan Cakes but I was still full from my meal earlier so I turned down her offer to make me some. She made them anyway and this morning reminded me where they were in the refrigerator. She also had some really tasty Canadian Maple Syrup. The Pan Cakes were delicious, a packaged brand I have never seen at home, a very nice meal. After I ate and cleaned up the kitchen I worked on my puter stuff for a while then got antsy and decided to try to find that book store again. Natalia looked at a very nice map I had purchased yesterday and told me the name of the Hotel I needed to find before I could find the little shopping area across from it. The distance is about five miles, give or take. I left the house at 10am and after stopping to take pictures and buying lunch I found the place about 12:30... It was easy because the owner had a nice sign sitting out on the sidewalk. I was in there long enough to find four classics in paperback that I decided to buy. The price of 223 Pesos surprised me because, after all, they were used paperback. Oh well, now I have them and perhaps one day Colter will appreciate them. I started back at 1:00 and walked in the door at 3PM. Natalia had told me exactly which bus to catch to ride home and I saw one come by about every 7 minutes but ignored them. I forgot to mention the lunch; it was at a rib place in the Gold Zone. All of the ribs I could eat for 150Pesos. They were delicious and I brought about a third of them home to finish off about an hour ago. I think they named it the Gold Zone because that is where all of the expensive Hotels are who cater to the rich Americans and Canadians who inhabit this town during the winter. This turned out to be one of the more ‘spendy’ days I have had since arriving here. I expect to stay out of the Gold zone.

       I don’t call it cheap, I call it thrifty. Do you have a problem with that? And I forgot to mention while walking back today I got rained on very briefly. The raindrops on the sidewalk were 5-6 inches apart so you can see it was not much of a rain. It was a fine day for a ten mile walk, cool, cloudy and peachy keen.

No comments:

Post a Comment