Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday 2nd

… . . . After leaving the Café last night I walked around the corner and knocked on Nancy Morgan’s door. She had not been in earlier but was now. She was happy to finally meet me and we talked for about 45 minutes before I left. She told me she had graduated from Castle Rock High School in 1951. We had made plans to meet at her place this morning at 10am. She promised to give me her walking tour of the city. I was surprised when I got back to the house a little after 7pm to find that Natalia had not made an appearance. That was really not unusual though, she sometimes stops in to check on her mother after work and that can eat into her remaining evening hours.  .   .  .Carlos stopped by this morning and determined that the signal from across the street is not consistent enough to maintain a constant connection. It is like the signal fades in and out as the traffic goes by to deflect it. In order for Natalia to get a better signal she will have to make arrangements with the neighbor next door or, that failing, she will have to have a cable hookup brought into the house. Nancy has a cable hookup at her place that cost her $14 USD per month but that is expensive when one gets paid in Pesos. Natalia is not a great lover of TV and it would no doubt be an unnecessary expense for her. She is going to consider both options and decide what will work best for her.  As for me, I rather like the walk to the Café and the brownies!  If I spend four dollars per day on brownies and milk that becomes $120.00 per month, the same as my cable hookup at home. Carlos and Natalia were both gone by 8:15 to get to work. Shortly after they left the man came to pick up the table and chairs Natalia had borrowed last week for her party. Olivia, Natalia’s weekly housekeeper arrived about 9:I5 while I was preparing myself for a day of exploring with Nancy. I left the house about 9:30 to arrive at her place at 10am. It was a shorter tour than I was expecting but it was informative and we never did get more than four blocks from her house. At one point she showed me the building of the third floor apartment that her daughter was renting for $450usd per month. Two thousand square feet, she told me it is fantastic inside. The building itself was impressive by Mzt standards. Two blocks to the beach. I bought her lunch at a favorite sidewalk restaurant of hers and we were back at her house by 1pm. She had other plans for later in the day and I left about 1:30 to return to the house for some reading before heading back that direction to have my dessert at the Café.  .  .  .Dessert was Apple Pie and a glass of milk, yummy! I ate way too much lunch and I am sure the pie was not needed; life is like that when one finds himself in warm sunshine in the middle of winter. I checked my e-mail and posted the blog before switching over to my chess games.

No comments:

Post a Comment