Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday

. . . . Natalia had oatmeal ready for me when I got up this morning. After she left for work I fixed her front door so it would close easier [wd40] and changed a light bulb in her living room ceiling light. She will like that. I ran a load of my laundry, folded some things she had left in the dryer, worked on my chess games while my stuff was drying and generally tried to make myself useful. I left the house about 10am and did nothing all day but roam around getting acquainted with the city. I had a couple of tacos for lunch and read for about an hour before continuing strolling along. At one point I bought a drink to carry along and found a nice quiet park to sit in while starting Moby Dick. That is a tough read but not much worse than Dickens.
I returned to the house at 5pm, ate a bowl of cereal and tried to take a nap. Usually I can do that during the day but today was not one of those times. Natalia arrived at 6:30 and went to her room to change her shoes then entered the kitchen wrapping an apron around her waist.  Since she had not done her family cooking over the weekend she felt compelled to get it done before another minute passed. I sat and visited with her until 8pm, helping her when I could, then went to my room and posted this before going to bed. Tomorrow is Tuesday, the second of two large parades during the Carnaval Festivities will be held late afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment