Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday

. . . When I saw Natalia this morning she told me she gotten home about 11pm last night. She said the party she attended was much more than she had expected and she was not dressed for it but was talked into staying anyway. One of the guests was the Tourist Minister of Mexico all dressed up in his finest. She told me that it rained very hard while she was driving home and shortly after saying that the clouds opened up above us and we had a little monsoon right outside the door, I found after a month’s visit that it can rain in Mexico!

 It is very strange, after having access to my Comcast email for a couple of days I now find it is no longer available from Natalia’s house. Oh well, the new restaurant I found is much closer than the CafĂ© so I shall not complain. I was awake again this morning at 4am so I did try one more time, I was able to read and respond to a note from Terri but it was difficult maintaining a connection.. . .   Olivia, the housekeeper, was expected this morning as was the ‘bug’ man. The bug man comes once a month to spray for the little creatures that inhabit the homes of Mexico when proper safeguards are not in place. Natalia has had dealings with the company for a long time but  she said she knows nothing about the individual workers so she advised me to be around to protect my laptop, camera and loose change just to be on the safe side. While Olivia was here I read my book and relaxed. About 12:30 Natalia phoned Olivia on her cell phone to let her know they called and cancelled until next week. At that point I was ready for some lunch so I grabbed my book and walked to the Puerto Azul [Blue Port], the place that I had been talking about. I had a beer, chips, sauce, Pasta Primavera with chicken and bread. All for about $10.00US. Natalia had mentioned to me that a family of four can squeeze by on about one thousand Pesos per week if they don’t own a car. That works out to about $2.00US per hour for a man working a 9 to 5. I had just paid over a day’s wages for lunch. I read quietly for about an hour before a Mexican with a guitar came in with another customer’s approval and started singing Spanish ballads. I, not appreciating Spanish ballads, paid my bill and walked back to the house to start this daily blog. I then took my book to the bed and awoke some time later realizing my day had more or less ended as far as going out again was concerned. I jumped in the shower and found myself wide awake in a very short time. But that was not enough to create a large amount of interest in any more than additional reading. I decided to eat my remaining ice cream for dinner [later] and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment