Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday

.. . . Last night after posting my blog I tried again to get my email account from Comcast and was very happy to have succeeded! There was a message from Terri and one from Mr. and Mrs. Hill! If this keeps up I will be able to do away with the hike to the Café and or the restaurant down the street. It is a miracle! It is magic! It has only taken a month; perhaps that is the way of Mexico. This morning I left the house about 10am having no idea where to go but decided there was another way to get to Wal-Mart, a street I had not been on so away I went. On the way I found Burger King again so I stopped in for lunch and since I had brought my book along I stayed about an hour. After lunch I walked past Wal-Mart into territory I had yet to see. I was surprised to find myself in the area of the Marina about two hours later. I had never thought I would walk that far but yet there I was. I took a few pictures from the stop of a bridge to remind myself that I was really there before heading back in the direction of home. By that time I knew my walking day was over so I caught the first bus that was pointed in the direction I wished to travel and stayed on it until it turned in a direction I did not want to go. I then walked a block or so to catch another south bound bus. By this time I knew where I was so I knew I was home free. The total time on the two buses was about 40 minutes. I decided I had been a long way from the house. I walked in the door about 4:45 and immediately began this blog entry. . . I also attempted to open my Comcast account but was unable to access my email. I was on the account but when I clicked Email I found myself unable to go further. That is when I decided to pack up the laptop and head for the new place on the Promenade, overlooking the ocean waves coming in. Natalia told me last night that she grew up in that restaurant; her Grandmother owned it when Natalia was a little girl. It seems the Grandmother at one time was a commercial success in Mazatlan. She gave all her children and grandchildren the houses they are living in today. The new place is pretty nice, a bit spendy but the location means a lot in tourist country. There are very few restaurants right on the water in this city. Well, I just ate a crab meat tostada, chips and salsa with my beer so I think I will post this and head for home. It is pretty dark out; I am usually home by this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment