Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday

Tuesday Happy Valentine’s Day! I over slept this morning; it was almost eight when I got up to greet Natalia with a pleasant “Coma Sta” She was feeling much better, the cold she thought was on the way had not meterialized so she was feeling like it had been brushed aside. She left for work at the usual 8:30 and I prepared a bowl of All Bran for my breakfast. I cleaned up my kitchen mess and spent time on the puter getting my chess games up to snuff and answering an email I had gotten from Terri via Hotmail. It was about 10:15 when I left the house with my book in hand on my way to the Plaza near Nancy’s house. She was out greeting tourists as I had been told to expect and we talked for a few minutes. It was agreed that we would meet at 10am Friday morning and do ‘Stone Island’. Several people have told me that I should not miss that so we decided to give it a try. She said it has been a while since she has been there.  I found another little park with benches a few blocks away and sat to read for a while. When I began to feel my appetite return I left that spot and found a noisy little restaurant right on the sidewalk across from the beach. The noise was caused from all of the traffic and I decided to sit inside because there was a cool breeze puffing its way in off the ocean. I took a picture of the two tacos, rice and beans I had ordered. The tacos were green peppers stuffed with goat cheese and shrimp. Hot sauce on the side. I proceeded to use all of that hot sauce and the waiter brought a second serving which I also used. I had a Coke Lite with it but the next time I will order a beer. I enjoyed every bite and completely cleaned my plate. The dish washer probably loved me for that. After paying my bill and stopping by a little store where I purchased a set of ear rings for Natalia, after all, she did surprise me this morning with a nice Valentine’s Day Hug, I started for home. It was then that I realized Montezuma was in the process of extracting his revenge via the meal I had just enjoyed so much. I felt in my heart that getting home in time was not going to be a problem so I marched on my way. Ten steps short of the front door the inevitable happened. Let me say it was only a very serious although wet preamble to what was on its way. I was on the throne almost in time to divert disaster.  A few minutes later I had myself cleaned up and ready to continue the day. It was only 1:30 in the afternoon. I decided to read for a while and woke up about 2:30. The day was still young and I felt like a bit of a walk so I left the house in the direction of the beach. It was the time of day when the traffic begins to become loud along the beach but I found a Sea food restaurant that had a nice patio so I ordered a beer and relaxed. The entrance to the restaurant fronts on the walkway/street but the patio hangs out over the beach. I was happy to discover that the building blocks most of the noise from the street so I could easily hear the waves breaking. The breeze was brisk and I did not have a t-shirt on under my short sleeved shirt so I felt a bit cool. I was there for most of an hour and when I called for the check, “La Quinta” the bill came to only 20pesos. $1.60US. Not only that but they offer free Wi-Fi; I decided right then that I would be back. It is only a five minute walk from Natalia’s place.


No comments:

Post a Comment